Author Topic: DB9 Gen4 is currently broken. Do not buy.  (Read 864 times)

wild cat mccane

• Sidewinder
DB9 Gen4 is currently broken. Do not buy.
« on: August 10, 2019, 04:59:18 PM »
Looking at this forum, having owned many DB9s myself, it's time there is a post that states do not buy the DB9 Gen4 right now.

It's unfair to perspective buyers to have to read through these threads to come to this conclusions that the Gen4 is flawed and not corrected currently by DiamondBack.

If I'm wrong, send me to the person not having a shattered guide rod which was updated in the Gen4.

This isn't sour grapes. It's unfair to continue this beta testing. DB has proven it didn't fix the guide rod which is also didn't recall as posted on its website or in a mandatory recall.

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
Re: DB9 Gen4 is currently broken. Do not buy.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:58:29 PM »
..."guide rod which is also didn't recall as posted on its website or in a mandatory recall."

wouldn't that been the way to do business...

I guess I can only dream about that.

As I've stated before, it's a shame really...it and the SIG P365 could've owned this market for decades.

Brandontxh

• Sidewinder
  • I was once a libtard living in San Francisco
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 11:01:40 AM »
Does make you wonder. We the customer is the testers it seems. :main_embaressed:
I was once a libtard living in San Francisco

Hobo73

• Pygmy Rattler
  • I am me, known as Hobo to most love me or not I'm
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 04:27:05 PM »
I have shot at least a thousand rounds through my gen 4 n never a issue.
Had it about a year now(?) heck I bought it just as they came on the market but I am going to go clean mine and inspect my guide rod.
I do know if the rod is not set in in its (prefered) way it will stick out a bit when I rack the slide. Stop it back down reset rod n good to go tho
I am the Hobo, no more, no less, but ALWAYS me!

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 05:53:50 PM »
I've had two Gen 4's now.  No guide rod issues...just sayin...

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 11:09:31 AM »
The real world is different than factory tests and a lot of brand new gun designs dont show signs of trouble until after release, not just DB. A guide rod issue is pretty minor in comparison and easily remedied under warranty so I think a DO NOT BUY label is hyperbole, not warranted in this case. So much so, when I saw a good deal on one, I ordered it Saturday.  So I have now put my money where my mouth is and when I get it in a week or so, I hope it proves as reliable as my Gen3 that I hope to replace with the Gen4 (due to slide lock and better sights) as my EDC.
Diamondback DB9 Gen3, DB9 Gen4, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

Brandontxh

• Sidewinder
  • I was once a libtard living in San Francisco
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 09:53:23 AM »
And your range test information? Did you shoot 6+1?

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision