Author Topic: What is repair turnaround time for DB9 Gen 4?  (Read 6765 times)

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
Re: What is repair turnaround time for DB9 Gen 4?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 06:48:03 PM »
Good luck Brandontxh!

Still on the road, so no range yet for me...

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
  • I was once a libtard living in San Francisco
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »
OK, here's the range test: Major problems, FTF, jams, mag will not stay lock = Problems solved after.

First round, jammed, took one jammed 15 minutes to get out with tools. FTF on a lot, mag just will pop out and when it did stay in the second round will not fire because it's FTF again.

I finally figured it out, it can't do 6+1. It's always a habit to chamber one and add another round to the mag like I've always done it. That's where all my problems happened. I use the flush mag in the pistol so the second mag, extension will not have the problems unless I do the same to it.

This pistol is so small, it just won't do a +1 in the chamber. I can't seeing the mag spring loosen up because it's already nice and loose. Maybe in a few months, 6 range test but I doubt it.. :main_wave5:

Test with Remington 115 fmj and it's jhp. Close to 200 rounds if not slightly over. This solved my mag from popping out and FTF and jams, I hope it fixes yours. My next will be to see if it'll take other than Remingtons that DB used to test my gun. Perhaps those Sig that's made for short barrels that works fine on Glock43 which takes everything. Good luck guys! :main_idiot2_ncc:
I was once a libtard living in San Francisco

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 05:04:24 PM »
Do your best to work it out. The G43 can't compare to the DB9's size when you need super tiny concealment. To me it's worth any aggravation or work-around. But that's just me. If I hear one more "my Glock will shoot anything" I think I'll just go ahead and freak out. LOL

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 07:29:04 AM »
I bought another mag that will come in Tues, we’ll see if it’ll fall out with +1 if it’ll do the same as the other two mags disengage and stuff. I’m okay if it does at least I’ll know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2019, 07:57:48 PM »
So, to answer my question. 7 weeks and 3 working days :Main_thumbdown2:

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2019, 09:55:16 PM »
yeesh......

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 12:10:54 PM »
I bought another mag that will come in Tues, we’ll see if it’ll fall out with +1 if it’ll do the same as the other two mags disengage and stuff. I’m okay if it does at least I’ll know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another option, the +1 Mag Extension by CCW Mfg sold on DB's website as an accessory? Should let the OEM mag springs have a little more travel too and you get +1 for no more added length than the OEM Mag w Extension. I guess with the specific problem you're having, it would equal +1+1, or from 6-8 rounds with one in the chamber. 

To the best of my knowledge, there has been no change in the bottom of the mags from Gen3 to Gen4 other than the different slip on pinkie extensions, so the CCW Mfg +1 should slide on and lock as designed.  I carry with one now on my Gen3, just wish it was made from lightweight polymer instead of very well machined and finished aluminum. Given DB is already having poly baseplate parts molded, they could do it themselves much cheaper and lighter.
Diamondback DB9 Gen3, DB9 Gen4, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 06:05:26 PM »
This time was 5 wks. All is well now. They said they changed both mag springs and the mag catch and shot 12 rounds of Remington UMC 115.

I shot 4 or more brands, both FMJ and JHP totaling over 100 rounds. I think my carry rounds will be the 365 sig made for small guns. They seem to shoot well. I have 5 mags and they don't disengage with 6+1 anymore. Lets hope it stays that way!  :main_victory_ncc:

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 06:18:38 PM »
Looks like the mag extension is out of stock already. I might be through buying Diamondback so don't know if I would buy it and I have 5 mags already. Does it attached to the normal mags? Is it heavy?

Diamondback Firearms