Author Topic: Another Gen4 Review  (Read 4154 times)

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
  • I was once a libtard living in San Francisco
Re: Another Gen4 Review
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2019, 10:40:24 PM »
Is this a recurring issue?  I've read quite a bit on these forums as I mull over a Gen 4 purchase, so I knew about some broken recoil guide rods and some failures to lock back on empty mags.  Is this another problem that keeps cropping up.  I'm hoping not...every time I'm ready to jump and grab one, it seems a new problem crops up.

Yes, mine is still in for repair. I have 5 mags and they all disengage when shot, first it was 6+1, now even just 6.
I was once a libtard living in San Francisco

boscobarbell

• Hatchling
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2019, 10:50:35 PM »
Yes, mine is still in for repair. I have 5 mags and they all disengage when shot, first it was 6+1, now even just 6.

Okay...that is NOT good.   :Main_thumbdown2:

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2019, 02:11:11 AM »
I’ll let you know around 8 wks from now  :main_lol:

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2019, 12:21:20 AM »
5 wks this time and a final fix, lol. :main_victory_ncc:

boscobarbell

• Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2019, 11:31:37 PM »
I lusted after the Sig P365 for quite some time, but I held off taking the leap because of all the problems reported by the early owners. 

But when the dust cleared, I gave in and grabbed one.  Best move I ever made.  The pistol has been flawless, and a good enough design that I sold off several other similar pistols because I knew I would never have a need for them again.

I felt a similar urge with the DB9 Gen 4.  (No, not to compete directly with the Sig...I'm looking for something a bit lighter for light carry days...something that isn't a 380).  But all these reports of early issues has kept me away.

But I gotta say, I like what I'm seeing of late.  It seems like DB has figured out the bugs, and come up with real upgrades to rectify them.

I think it may be about time.....

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2019, 12:26:23 AM »
Yeah but you can still get a tough jam. That’ll take a bit to get rounds out of a jam, because the internal is small so don’t think it’s rosy. I’ve still had to rigged a tool when it jams.

boscobarbell

• Hatchling
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2019, 10:41:29 AM »
Yeah but you can still get a tough jam. That’ll take a bit to get rounds out of a jam, because the internal is small so don’t think it’s rosy. I’ve still had to rigged a tool when it jams.

How often are you getting jams since the fixes?

I'm pretty forgiving of a lot of things, but I won't keep a pistol that isn't darn near 100% reliable.  I'm not a collector, and when I go to the range it's to work on my CQC skills with the pistols I intend to carry at some point. 

There are too many darn good pistols out there at decent prices to put up with one that doesn't reliably do its job, imo.

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2019, 04:41:00 PM »
I only range test about 100 rounds when I got it back. It went well, but at home I had the slide back and popped the mag in and at the range this would it a round automatically in chamber but this time it just did part way, so the round didn’t go in all the way, so I had to used two tools I rigged for this same hard jam like before. One to open the ejection area and one to push the slide lock upward. And this way my mag would drop rather than staying stuck. You’ll experience it eventually. :main_smile:

boscobarbell

• Hatchling
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2019, 07:32:55 PM »
I only range test about 100 rounds when I got it back. It went well, but at home I had the slide back and popped the mag in and at the range this would it a round automatically in chamber but this time it just did part way, so the round didn’t go in all the way, so I had to used two tools I rigged for this same hard jam like before. One to open the ejection area and one to push the slide lock upward. And this way my mag would drop rather than staying stuck. You’ll experience it eventually. :main_smile:

Okay...that's not gonna work for me.

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision