Author Topic: Hello from Alabama  (Read 170 times)

Andrew58

• Hatchling
Hello from Alabama
« on: September 03, 2019, 09:12:03 PM »
Been seeing some really good reviews on YouTube on the gen 4. I enjoy small carry guns and have been watching the DB 9 for years. I have been carrying the Sig P 365 since October of 2018. Have put 810 rounds of everything imaginable through it with zero malfunctions. I am completely happy with it, but if the kinks were out of the DB 9, I think I would like it for a backup. They are so inexpensive that if it gets lost or stolen it’s not as big a deal. Anyway I am hoping to get a feel for the reliability of this firearm through all of your experiences and recommendations. Thanks Andy

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Hello from Alabama
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 01:42:59 PM »
Welcome aboard! There's a mixed bag here of DB9 Gen4 happy/sad faces. It doesn't take but just a couple bum guns to make some people go crazy, especially if it's the one they bought. LOL Overall, though, I think DB made a great advance with the Gen4, and if they need to work out some issues, I'm sure they will. I also have a P365 and although mine has never had issues, I'm still a bit nervous about it given the various issues which is way worse than FTF or a mag falling out. At least with the Gen4 you can get back in the game, whereas the P365 is totally dead (trigger return spring and striker tip breaking). Hmmm, you say... Yup.

pecospuppy

• Red Diamond
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 11:54:00 PM »
Welcome!

I can't say my Gen 4 has been perfect. I had to replace the trigger assembly because of a broken ejector.  But overall I'm happy with it.  400+ rounds so far and it's cycling well.  I carry it 6 days a week and my M&P on Sundays.

Andrew58

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 12:21:49 PM »
Chris mentioned the catastrophic failures of the P365 and his nervousness using it.  I am completely confident in mine. I researched and researched the issues and the responses from Sig. all the major problems seem to have been addressed and faults with the gun are significantly reduced. I have a favorite reviewer on YouTube, Hickock45. He has done 2 reviews on the P365 and they have been positive. Hickock45 is not a Sig fan, he is a Glock fanboy. With that being said, he and his son both use the P365 as their primary edc.  I am a member of Sigtalk forum and am finding very few problems being reported. Sig has been selling thousands upon thousands of these firearms and very few are having issues. I myself won’t carry a new firearm unless I can run 500 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. I currently am at 810. After reading some positive reviews on the DB 9 gen 4, I joined this forum as a part of my research. Right now it seems to be a mixed bag. I will have to admit the guide rods being destroyed has been a concern, but it seems Diamondback is aware of the problem and is addressing it. I am hoping the kinks get worked out and I can add the gen 4 to my battery. Thanks for your input and experiences.

BReno

• Sidewinder
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 03:07:30 PM »
Welcome! Don’t own any of their handguns but do own three of their AR variants and ordering a fourth. No issues with any of them so far.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 05:21:21 PM »
Welcome aboard. Have 2 of their 380s. Love the 380!!!

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 11:27:09 PM »
Hello Andrew58,

Welcome to the forum.  Hope your experience with the DB9 goes well, if you end up getting one.

Nice to hear that you're happy with the P365.

As I mentioned earlier on the forum, I'm leaning real heavy on getting one myself.
Unfortunately, will be doing lots of traveling until the middle of Dec so will have to wait until then on a purchase (If I decide...)

Have a good one

Galloway Precision

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms