Author Topic: Generation differences?  (Read 1081 times)

RadRacer

• Hatchling
Generation differences?
« on: October 26, 2019, 01:30:08 PM »
Just picked up a lightly used DB9. How do I tell which generation I have? And are there any improvements that can be done to the older generations that are available on the new ones?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

gmartin2000

• Hatchling
Re: Generation differences?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 11:12:02 PM »
lotta reads, no reply's ;) , well, till now.

Did you find any information/links you can post here? I have the same situation & question

RadRacer

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 06:35:48 AM »
Unfortunately, no. All I was able to find is it's not a gen4. Couldn't find much on the differences between 1, 2, and 3. This forum doesn't look like it'll be much help unless you have a gen4.

trooperc7

• Sidewinder
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 07:49:06 AM »
If i remember correctly if serial number is below 60,000 its gen1... over 60,000 gen 2.....I dont have the nmbers for gen3 or 4.....

gmartin2000

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 11:56:34 AM »
Thanks all. It looks like I have at least a gen 2 if those "two versus three" pins above the trigger are any indication. Unfortunately, they show 3 pins from gen 2 up.

I just got a DB380 last month but had to send it back as I was getting lite hits on the primer about every other attempt. It's being returned Friday.

Oh well...

RadRacer

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 12:26:07 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I have 3 pins as well, so it's at least a gen 2 or 3. Definitely not a 4 from what I've seen, but maybe I'm wrong

gene814

• NRA Benefactor Mbr
  • Sidewinder
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 10:02:49 AM »
What are your DB9 slide serrations like?  Are they mile or very pronounced?  The Gen3 has very pronounced serrations.  Here are pictures of my DB9 pistols.  My first one had mild serrations and a blackened barrel. It was a Gen2.  When it broke, Diamondback send me a free Gen3 with a stainless steel barrel.  See the picture with much more defined serrations.  the Gen3 has run flawlessly with no jams or misfeeds.
  The same happened with my DB380.  A Gen2, it never was able to run without misfeeds.  Diamondback said to send it back to them for repair.  They modified the trigger mechanism and gave me a Gen3 slide with a stainless steel barrel.  It now runs flawlessly too.  I hope they make a Gen4 DB380 with last round hold open, just like the DB9 Gen4.

RadRacer

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 10:30:05 AM »
Thank you! Mine has the more pronounced serrations, so it's a gen 3.

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision