Author Topic: customer service  (Read 4471 times)

jayz64

• Red Diamond
customer service
« on: October 26, 2019, 03:48:09 PM »
Hello,

Been away from this forum for a looooong time now and want to catch up on the latest customer service information.  I have one of the older DB380's that I purchased in 2010.  Never did send it in for any factory updates or modifications and am considering doing so now but have some questions 1st.

Is the current customer service doing a good job now or are they still putting out poor quality work like they did some years ago?  Also, my gun shoots perfectly well, even though I haven't fired it in a very long time, but I wanted them to do the metal frame insert warranty work like they were doing a while back since gun owners were complaining about trigger springs breaking along with other problems with the mechanism.

Should I just leave well enough alone or is the new 3 pin mod on these guns worth the pain & expense of sending it back?

Thx for the help,

jayz64

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Re: customer service
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 08:40:36 AM »
Having owned both generations of the 380 I would say it’s worth the upgrade. As far as customer service in my experience they are very good.

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 03:23:34 PM »
Appreciate the information.  I'll most likely be sending mine in for the rework then.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 06:11:20 PM »
Keep posting!

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 12:04:21 PM »
To update my contact with DB C.S.  I contacted them by email last week & went through several iterations of commenting back & forth.

First of all, the woman who responded (Becky) wanted to know if I was the original owner before she would send anything to the "gunsmith."  Then she came back saying the "gunsmith" wanted to know if I was having any issues with the gun.  To that I replied that the trigger travel was sometimes problematic, so she said she sent that information back to the "gunsmith." 

That was the last response I received from her & was one week ago today & I've not heard anything from her since.  Don't know if that means they're studying my case on whether to recall my gun or that they just slammed the door shut on the issue & that's that.  I do plan on contacting them again if I don't hear anything in another week or so.

DB

• Red Diamond
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 02:04:20 PM »
Im working with CS right now to find out whats going on. You should hear back from them soon.

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 03:01:13 PM »
........ If they don't fix it then trade it in on a Sig, Ruger or whatever.  One question I had was they affiliated with this site but never got an answer, I also made a thread here and ask same question and never got an answer.

Thanks for the response sir.  You reflect my sentiments exactly.  The only thing is that I really like this little gun & mine shoots good so even if customer service were to go south on me, I'd still probably keep it especially since I'd lose too much money by selling it.

No, what I'll do is keep it but will likely not buy another one of their firearms.

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 03:05:15 PM »
Im working with CS right now to find out whats going on. You should hear back from them soon.

As a matter of fact I did get another response to my string of emails about 1/2 hour ago but this time it was from a different person over there who sounds interested in taking care of my case.

Thank you for intervening.  I appreciate it.

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 11:54:41 AM »
New update.  Received a shipping label from customer service as well as the firearm repair worksheet.

Thanks again to those of you who helped push this process along, especially member DB.  Appreciate it.

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 02:35:45 PM »
An update to let you all know that I did send in my DB380 back for warranty work.  I received a notice from them that they were going to send a replacement firearm since, I assume, the one I sent was not worth updating to them.  Supposed to be receiving it at my local FFL dealer this coming Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing if the new one feels as beautifully ergonomic as the original one did.

5 iron

• Sidewinder
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 07:30:44 PM »
I sent my db380 for service and the process was very easy.  Called and got a shipping label.  I received it back today and was about a 3 week turnaround altogether.  That works for me.

Diamondback Firearms