Author Topic: DB10 Stock question  (Read 2616 times)

Truckbud

• Hatchling
DB10 Stock question
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:34:23 PM »
I have a DB10ELB with the 18" fluted Stainless barrel. I have put a long range scope on it and really like the accuracy at 100+ yards, it ain't match grade with the crap ammo I use, but it's fun. I can at least ding a 12" steel plate with a 4" clapper center every time, and get a lot of double dings.

My problem is I want to mount a Magpul PRS stock on it, and found that the rail that the collapsible stock slides on protrudes into the attachment bolt hole preventing the stock from being attached when the stock is seated. The stock doesn't seat firmly against the tube lock collar, it has a gap about 1/16" .

Can I back the buffer tube out about 1/8" without incurring risk? Is the buffer tube MilSpec or commercial? It looks like others have had success, but without doing the above I can't see it working.

Wobly

• Hatchling
Re: DB10 Stock question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 06:35:30 PM »
There are two things I would look at with what I think you are asking.
1) The locking dimples on the buffer tube lock ring would be invalidated.  That is easy enough to remedy by loosening, adjusting, re-dimpling to lock in place.
2) Moving the buffer tube back wouldn't allow the tube to protrude over the buffer retaining pin inside.  You "might" be able to move it back 1-2 rotations, but you would have to ensure that the tube is still holding the pin and spring in place.

Truckbud

• Hatchling
Re: DB10 Stock question
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 07:58:05 PM »
There are two things I would look at with what I think you are asking.

Thanks, have tools will travel. In 10 years of military service, most of which spent in the Armory working on M-16s, I don't recall working on that end of the weapon.   :main_embaressed: I got out before the M4. I have worked on a lot of stuff since, but haven't taken a buffer tube off.

Is there some reason the tube is too short? I could grind the stock locking rail, but that's kinda cheesy.

Diamondback Firearms