Author Topic: How Do You Remove Front Sight on DB9 Gen4  (Read 1708 times)

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
How Do You Remove Front Sight on DB9 Gen4
« on: January 24, 2020, 12:45:27 PM »
Started to upgrade my sights but I do not know how to remove the OEM front Sight, has anyone else done this upgrade?  How did you remove it, tools used, force used, etc. 

The rear sight was pretty easy, just a small allen wrench, bang it out to the side, bang the new rear sight on from side to side and locktite down the little set screw. 

But I dont recognize the front fastener, is it a small allen, hex? Do you just grab the front sight from the top with pliers and unscrew it or what?  Obviously the new sight, being for a G43, uses the Glock Sight tool when its time to install, but I dont want to get too destructive in removing the OEM Sight.

Diamondback DB9 Gen3, DB9 Gen4, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
Re: How Do You Remove Front Sight on DB9 Gen4
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »
After a couple of emails back and forth with DB customer service, the fastener on the front sight is a T6 Torx.  Guess I need to buy another tool to finish the job.

boscobarbell

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 10:24:56 PM »
Did a quick search and found this thread.

I'm changing out the sights on my DB9.  Wondering if anyone who has done it knows if the front sight screw has any Loctite from the factory?

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 11:53:52 PM »
I can't say about the front site but the back site does not.  Mine loosened up on me and I had to torque it down again so if the back side does not, it's a decent bet the front does not as well.

boscobarbell

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 10:27:33 PM »
Did it!

The front sight wasn't bad at all (no Loctite), and the rear sight was already loose.

I had a set of XS Big Dots that I just took off my Glock 42 (my son's favorite shooter, but he didn't like the sights), and the install was really quite easy.

The Big Dots aren't for precision bullseyes shooting, but they are great for CQC...I've also used them for shooting plate-sized steel at 25-50 yards with my Glock, so they aren't terribly imprecise either.

I'm a happy camper.

Thanks for help.....

Diamondback Firearms