Author Topic: New Member from Arizona  (Read 550 times)

Chazman1946

• Pygmy Rattler
New Member from Arizona
« on: February 05, 2020, 01:13:41 AM »
I just ordered the DB9 gen 4 today and want to know how the recoil would match against my Ruger LCP2? 

I have considered purchasing a Hogue grip sleeve to help with the recoil and to give me a better purchase on the pistol, has anyone used one of those and what was your experience with them?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: New Member from Arizona
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 06:30:28 PM »
Mine is a G3 and the recoil is not an issue unless you decide you need to run 500 or 1000 rounds. I'm more interested in flawless function over round count, but whatever trips ones trigger is worth listening to. Myself, I wear a shooting glove to ease the pain when shooting hundreds of rounds. Cody ran 2,000 rounds without an issue, but 'normal' people may not be able to keep up with his prowess? LOL. Pretty sure.

Chazman1946

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 01:13:27 AM »
Thanks, I will be getting mine in about a week or so, so we shall see then.

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 09:30:44 PM »
I've run mine 200 rounds at a time and the first 100 went fine.  By the second hundred I was ready to stop.  I don't think I'm going to run it to a count that high many more times now that it's broken in.  Now like Chris, I'm more about placement. :main_thumbs_2up:

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 11:56:01 AM »
Breaking in is no fun but thats the only time I'm running 100rds+ at a time.  A couple of mags at a time is no big deal.  On my Gen3, I did put a 3/4"wide strip of rubber grip tape on the front and back of the grip but left the sides alone.  With single stacks, my hands are big enough they barely contact the sides.
Diamondback DB9 Gen3, DB9 Gen4, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

BReno

• Sidewinder
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 01:12:16 AM »
Welcome

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision