Author Topic: AM2 trigger issues right out of the box  (Read 407 times)

R.O.B.

• Hatchling
AM2 trigger issues right out of the box
« on: February 20, 2020, 12:56:28 PM »
After safety checking the pistol, I wanted to get a "feel" for the trigger pull.  Much to my surprise, the trigger went all the way back, but nothing else moved.  Took the slide off to inspect.  Pretty simple gun, appears to be well made.  Made sure it was clean and lubed.  The striker was a little bit rough feeling; took it out, cleaned it and dry-lubed it.  With the slide off, everything in the frame works fine.  Pull the trigger, the trigger bar engages the sear, and all is well.  Put the slide on, and the trigger bar does not engage the sear.  Discovered that if I push the slide to the rear a few millimeters everything engages properly.  Took the slide off to investigate further.  It appears that the slide and trigger bar are out of alignment- fore and aft.  With the slide all the way forward- in battery- the 2 raised areas on the trigger bar are too far to the rear to engage the striker block and raise up into the milled recess on the lower rear edge of the slide.  Also, I am unable to release the slide using the slide stop/release lever.  Diamondback was slow to respond to my voicemail messages, but did agree to take the gun back for repair.  I will update as this progresses.

2-27-20-  UPS dropped off the gun to DB within the last hour.  The clock starts now.
  3-2-20-  received an email from DB saying they have the gun, and to allow up to 4-6 weeks for repair.
  3-12-20-  no news; still waiting.
  3-24-20-  almost a month now, and I've heard nothing.
  4-2-20-  got the gun back from DB.  The paperwork says they replaced the slide and tested it with 30 rounds.  They didn't even bother to pull a bore snake through it.  The slide, and it's components were a little dry.  I cleaned and lubed it again.  Seems to function fine on the bench.  The local range has re-opened for now; I'll get over there soon to see how the gun runs.  Thanks for getting it back to me, DB, even during the crisis.
R.O.B.

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision