Author Topic: Barrel Replacement .308  (Read 386 times)

gordowens

• Hatchling
Barrel Replacement .308
« on: August 04, 2020, 09:46:23 PM »
Hi All, new to the AR platform and diamondback. I picked up a db10 .308 and purchased an 18” replacement barrel. I am having a heck of a time getting the flash hider using any standard 3/4 wrench (they all seem to be too wide to fit) or using a little Warner AR multi tool as the nut is really tight. I also have a strap wrench which is also a no go. To make matters worse I cannot get the barrel nut to match the wrench or come loose with the strap wrench. What am I doing wrong? I’ve searched everything I can think of for a specific wrench or tool but nothing. Any help is much appreciated.

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
Re: Barrel Replacement .308
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 11:07:07 PM »
Your probably doing everything right, but let me state the obvious:

1.  Going counterclockwise?
2.  Find a thin body 3/4 inch (or grind yours till it fits).
3.  Use some CLP (or other lubricant like WD40)

gordowens

• Hatchling
Re: Barrel Replacement .308
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 11:11:04 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. at first I wasn't sure it was a standard thread, but verified against the new barrel. The "grind yours till it fits" was the ticket, not sure why I hadn't considered it (was just in the frame of mind that I needed a special tool I didn't have or couldn't find). So I was able to get it off. The barrel nut looks like its a 1 5/16 but I got it with a large adjustable (not my preferred) and now to fighting the barrel to come out.. This thing has fought every step of the way. Anyway, appreciate the feedback!

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision