Author Topic: Wtb db9 gen4  (Read 2862 times)

Stacywood74

• Hatchling
Wtb db9 gen4
« on: September 14, 2020, 08:53:58 PM »
Looking for a DB9 G4.....

Perry_Williamson

• Hatchling
Re: Wtb db9 gen4
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 09:21:34 PM »
I just brought one off Gunbroker for $250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stacywood74

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 09:23:56 PM »
I haven't seen a g4 on there.   Must have missed it

Perry_Williamson

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 09:32:46 PM »
It was there yesterday afternoon for $240 buy now. You’ll just have to be there at the right time. I just pickup mine yesterday at my FFL. Put  a few mags. Full fo ammo through it with no problems. It has a really short trigger reset. Love it

Stacywood74

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:47:30 PM »
Found one on arms list.paid more than I wanted. But considering the hunt ....275 with two extra mags

boscobarbell

• Sidewinder
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 10:03:07 PM »
You did better than I. 

I missed one on gunbroker, and then chased a second one down a bidding rabbit hole.  I ended up in the low-300s with no extra mags, but I was happy to pay that given how rare they have been. 

My excuse is that, in a year or so, I'll never remember exactly how much I paid if--fingers crossed-- I like the pistol and carry it regularly.  And if I DID remember, I wouldn't really care. 

Perry_Williamson

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 10:06:45 PM »
Hey, at least you got one coming, enjoy it and don’t worry about the little bit extra it cost . Especially in times like this.

boscobarbell

• Sidewinder
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 09:11:11 PM »
Picked mine up today. 

Won't get to shoot it for a couple of days or so, unless I can find a little window of time to duck off to the range and blow off a couple of boxes of ammo.

But I did get a chance to disassemble it and give it a good dose of Ballistol. I'll let it soak overnight before wiping it down and lubing the rails.

First impressions: this gun looks and feels to be much higher quality than the price would indicate.  I own a couple of KelTecs, which are similarly small, cheap, and light polymer guns.  But the difference is that they look and feel cheap, too.  But the DB9 has no obvious machining flaws or flaking polymer.  It has great sights right out of the box, and the trigger is amazing for a little micro gun. 

Fingers crossed that it shoots as well as it looks/feels.  Range report to follow....

Stacywood74

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 09:33:52 PM »
Took the 9 to the range today shot 4 mags each different rounds.   Ran flawless. But man does it buck!! My shot placement was all over the map. I need to see if I can get it under control.

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 08:28:15 AM »
Yeah, you feel it after a box or two.  Grip that thing like you mean it!  :main_thumbup_ncc:

Pdawg1911

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »
Took the 9 to the range today shot 4 mags each different rounds.   Ran flawless. But man does it buck!! My shot placement was all over the map. I need to see if I can get it under control.

Not much experienced with Diamondback, but with new Glocks the pistols needs about 200 rds to break in on the 5 I have owned. My last G21-SF went from shooting right and up to dead center after 200-250 rds.

Diamondback Firearms