Author Topic: DB9 Gen 4 sights - low and left?  (Read 4118 times)

FredP

• Hatchling
DB9 Gen 4 sights - low and left?
« on: September 27, 2020, 07:45:26 PM »
I have a DB9 Gen 4, and love it but... it shoots low and left. I cranked the rear sight all the way to the right, and it is now centered horizontally but at 5 yards shoots at least 6 inches low. Does anyone else have this problem?

The DB9 Gen 4 takes Glock sights, sights for a 42/43 fit best (BTW, rear sight takes a 1/16" hex key). Anyone know if a Glock rear sight would be taller than the DB9 sight?

Snake Handler

• Sidewinder
Re: DB9 Gen 4 sights - low and left?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 08:26:57 PM »
No, I don't know offhand. Just be sure that you are not jerking the trigger (I assume you are not, but just in case . . .). Five yards is kinda "point and shoot" distance, in my way of thinking. Have you tried getting a "flash sight picture" at that distance and measuring your groups in "minute of bad guy?"
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/5/17/sheriffs-tips-understanding-the-flash-sight-picture/#:~:text=The%20flash%20sight%20picture%20is,that%20was%20developed%20by%20Col.&text=In%20target%20shooting%20and%20other,some%20very%20precise%20target%20placement.

FredP

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 08:40:38 AM »
Pretty sure I'm not doing that; as a sanity check, I pull out my LCP, Shield, G19, or my G2C, and I'm spot on. The dimensions of the DB9 match the LCP pretty closely.

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 08:43:21 AM »
Gun size is part of it, but it may also be trigger pull and shot anticipation.  Shoot with your left hand and see if it starts to pull low and to the right.

NutSnax

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 10:27:45 AM »
Make sure the sights are not loose. Even with loctite the sights can still come loose as this tiny frame gets a ton of shock.

One option im going to try is to use a gen 3 recoil spring assembly, which is shorter, along with some kind of rubber buffer bushing between the RSA and the frame to make up the length difference.

This would give potentially better recoil absorption characteristics from the dual spring gen 3 RSA vs gen 4 along with dampening the shock via the buffer spacer "pad" and hopefully keeping my rear sight from coming loose....

Oakhunter27

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 04:08:48 PM »
Mine shoots about 4” low

NewDBguy

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 06:48:02 AM »
Mine shoots about 4” low

Oakhunter 27, I have the same problem. How did you fix your problem? I've contacted DB about it but I have not yet heard back.

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 02:19:33 PM »
Just make sure you're not "thumbing" the pistol when you shoot.  I have a Taurus PT99 9mm (large grip) & had the rear adjustable sight moved as far to one side as it would go & it was still shooting to the left.  Come to find out it was me that was "thumbing" the grip when firing.  When I became conscious of that I was able to move the rear sight back to the center, where it belonged.

https://www.firearmreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/RH-Pistol-Correction-Target.png

Payner44

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 04:06:33 PM »
Oakhunter 27, I have the same problem. How did you fix your problem? I've contacted DB about it but I have not yet heard back.

I'd also like to know what you did about the low shots, other than adjusting your sight picture and/or aim point??

BrockW40

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2023, 05:45:21 PM »
Took mine to the range today and same problem. No probs with my other pistols but this one is low at 5 yards. Same as you mentioned.

Diamondback Firearms