Author Topic: How I made the DB9R accurate and operate properly  (Read 134 times)

Jon

• Hatchling
How I made the DB9R accurate and operate properly
« on: November 07, 2020, 09:47:36 AM »
Afternoon to you all, herewith my solution that worked:
1.Make sure the barrel is threaded 5/8 x 24tpi, not 1/2 x 28tpi, need to have adequate barrel crown support.
2.Recut the crown to a professional finish, factory crown is poorly finished, hence poor accuracy issues
3.Remove the buffer tube and replace with a commercial tube.
4.Replace the H2 buffer with a FM45 extra heavy buffer and replace the recoil spring with an AR15 flat section Tubbs carbine spring, remove the buffer tube spacer and make sure that the BCG bottoms out at about 4mm beyond the LRBHO catch.
5.Replace the mil-spec trigger and replace with an aftermarket Timney or a CMC PCC trigger, single or 2 stage
6.Remove the sloppy upper to lower fit by accutabbing the rear take down pin and shimming the front take down hinge to remove the sloppy factory fit.
Once you have done the above you will have a rifle that can accurately engage steel plates up to 250 metres, the ammo that I use are 125gr hi tec coated projectiles loaded to a power factor of 135.
I sincerely hope that the info that I have shared with you will turn your ugly duckling into a swan.
When I first received my rifle from the factory it was nothing more than a good looking expensive piece of crap, however with a lot of effort and extra expense it is now a winner
Cheers to you all from a sunny South Africa
Regards : Jon

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: How I made the DB9R accurate and operate properly
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 09:40:02 PM »
Thanks for the info. This is common for most all manufacturers, where they could take a few extra steps to provide customers with way better function for some extra money. I think some, like DB, places too much emphasis on cost savings for their customers, and they end up with a so so competitive product. Not a 'bad' product, by any means, but I think they're afraid to increase prices from adding the really good stuff because perhaps many cost conscious buyers aren't aware nor concerned about the difference. By doing so, they keep their prices low, but I think many will assume their products are just cheap and entry level. But they're not. So what does one do? Buy their product, tweak it to your desires...and move on. That's what many of us do.  I'll buy a base BMW, which is awesome as is, but then I'll spend thousands on wheels, tuning, and lots of bling until I'm happy. Welcome to America! Except for the possibility Biden will become President and screw everything up. God help us all.

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision