Author Topic: Consolidated List of Diamondback Compatible Ammunition  (Read 15315 times)

Buckshot500

• Lead Farmer
  • Pygmy Rattler
  • Divebar Casanova
Re: Consolidated List of Diamondback Compatible Ammunition
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 09:53:28 AM »
Okay so to be clear, the 135 grain doesn't void the warranty, but might not function properly.

I think I'll try the 124 grain Critical Defense, once I get through the break-in period then.

Thanks for your help Chris!

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 10:41:17 AM »
Here's the DB notice:

NOTICE:
Due to potential cyclical problems involving recoil energy, Diamondback Firearms does not recommend the use of any 9mm SAMMI Specification ammunition in bullet weights exceeding 124 grain.

The use of +P, +P+, reloaded, or NON-SAMMI Spec ammunition will void the firearms warranty.

DISCLAIMER:
Crimson Trace Corporation© DB .380 specific laser mount is not designed for the DB9. Use of the CTC laser mount on the DB9 will void the manufacturers warranty.

~JM~

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 01:15:07 PM »
Spoke with DB recently. Explained that I had used 9mm 124 grain ball ammo in my DB9 & they recommended that I step the weight down to 115 grain for longevity reasons.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 05:33:18 PM »
I wouldn't use any +p ammo either

HankG

• Western Diamondback
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 05:41:14 PM »
These little pistols are very light in weight and have very little mass...weight per cubic inch...because of the polymer frame. Neuton's 3rd law says that for every action there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction, i.e. when that bullet leaves the barrel it exerts so many foot-pounds of energy. That energy is absorbed by your hand and the frame of the pistol. Their engineers must have found the energy from a 124 grain bullet my be to close to the energy it will take to break down the pistol's internals.

Here are the velocities from 115 grain and 124 grain 9mm bullets and an energy calculater. punch in the velocities and you will see the difference in energy the frame and your hand will have to absorb.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/powderlistprint.aspx?page=%2freloaders%2fpowderlist.aspx&type=1&powderid=1&cartridge=23   Go to the last column for velocities/bullet weight.

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/   Use Bullet Kinetic Energy calculator

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision