Author Topic: db9 won't fire  (Read 451 times)

retired squid

• Hatchling
db9 won't fire
« on: September 26, 2021, 02:45:43 PM »
I bought a couple of DB9s about 3 years ago.   I don't shoot often but went to shoot one of them yesterday.  Pulled the trigger with a round in the chamber and click, nothing.  The firing pin won't move forward to fire the shell.  Unloaded the weapon and the trigger clicks hard every time it's pulled.  It should only do that one time when no rounds are in it. Tried to remove the slide and it will not move forward more than a few millimeters.  My other DB9 breaks down properly.  I can't find my receipt to return for warranty service.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?  What could be wrong?

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: db9 won't fire
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 04:39:58 PM »
Ugh. If you can pull the slide all the way back, you might be in luck. You'll need to remove the backplate to pull out the striker, then the slide will come off and you can inspect sear mechanism (or whatever else may be the problem). In order to get the back plate off you'll need to pull the slide back far enough to see the striker tab and you'll see the striker sleeve right in front of that. You'll need to push the plastic sleeve forward just a bit to get the backplate off. An alternative is to hand drill a 1/16th or so hole half way between the striker tab and the backplate. It's all plastic. Then take a 1/16th punch to pull the plastic sleeve forward enough to allow the backplate to slide off.

I modified my backplate with a small slot, so if this ever happens I can take a punch to push the sleeve forward.

retired squid

• Hatchling
Re: db9 won't fire
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 07:45:56 PM »
Thank you so much Chris for that info.  I was able to get it apart now.  I don't see anything obvious why it wouldn't fire or release the slide.  I'll lube it a bit, reassemble and try again.  If you know of any part needing upgrade to prevent this from happening again, please let me know. 

Diamondback Firearms