Author Topic: New Diamondback Sidekick  (Read 2619 times)

thehoghunter

• Pygmy Rattler
New Diamondback Sidekick
« on: November 12, 2021, 08:31:33 AM »
Saw info on it on another site...
Surprised it wasn't being talked about here!

According to Diamondback website, the revolver debuts 22 November 2021 for $320 MSRP, with two 9-shot cylinders - .22 LR and .22 WMR with a 4 1/2" barrel 6 grooves, 1:16 RH.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Re: New Diamondback Sidekick
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 11:50:50 AM »
Definitely interested in one of these. Don’t know if it’s going to be on the Mass approved roster yet :main_undecided_ncc:

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 05:09:40 PM »
That'd be nice if true.  Wouldn't mind getting one.

jbenedetto2

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 05:05:40 PM »
Check other forums. There seems to be some problems with the Sidekick.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 05:39:47 PM »
I can’t get one not on Ma approved list  :main_sad_ncc:

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 11:23:42 PM »
What on God's green earth could be objectionable about a simple handgun like that.  Must be a bunch of loonies running your state.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 07:45:54 AM »
It’s liberal bureaucracy at its best. I believe the manufacturer has to provide the State Police with a number of sample guns to be subjected to a bunch of tests, then be destroyed. On top of this pay fees. So I don’t think they have ever submitted any of their guns for testing…The only way I was able to get my DBs here was that I moved here and owned them prior.

drexinaz

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 01:38:49 PM »
I bought a Sidekick about a month ago.  I had a Hi-Standard in the 70's-80's, then it was stolen in a burglary.  Never able to find another at a reasonable price, till I saw the Sidekick online.  I took a chance and ordered it - $300 + transfer fees.  It's not the same quality as the Hi-Standard, but shoots good, and is accurate.  However, I have had a real problem with the spent brass sticking in the cylinder (.22), and have had to knock them out with a rod/hammer.  I have polished the cylinders twice, but have not yet got it fixed.  The WMR cylinder works just fine.  I've put about 500 rounds through it, but will keep polishing until it works, or try and send it back to Diamondback for review. 
Si vis pacem, para bellum

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 02:30:16 PM »
Yeah, those were my perceptions about this firearm too when compared to the High Standard version.  Figured there'd be a lot of QC problems so I think I'll just wait until many of the bugs are worked out of it before plunking down my money.  Problem with that is that as the quality improves (assuming it does) the price will go up too.

wallyman

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 05:58:37 PM »
Purchased mine in July. Replaced the cylinders because “sticky” is an understatement. Because of weak crane arm and wobbling cylinders  returned my gun on 11/2 for replacement at their expense. Was told that a new gun would be manufactured and I would get it in 4-6 weeks. Would recommend purchasing until all these issues have been resolved.

jbenedetto2

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2023, 07:29:20 PM »
A few weeks ago, I picked up a Sidekick at a GREAT price at Sportsman's Warehouse for $229.99. After a few gift cards and SW loyalty points, my credit card was charged $30.90. So far, so good. Well over 500 rounds of various brands of 22LR. Only one (1) cheap ammo didn't fire. Checked the case, it was a good hit. It went off on the second hit. I'm really liking this 9 shot. Don't have any WMRs, so I haven't tried the other cylinder yet. I don't anticipate any problems with it. Diamondback did a great job with this gun.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230521/9774db66ddc7e2fee7c990862411b8c9.jpg
New Diamondback Sidekick

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

wallyman

• Hatchling
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2023, 12:26:51 PM »
I received my new replacement sidekick within the timeframe they stated.  It is exponentially better than the one I returned. I am pleased it’s the new gun as the issues  have been resolved. I am hopeful that the sidekicks they are making now are as good as this one.

thehoghunter

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2023, 09:45:44 AM »
So, any of you that own the Sidekick, do you also own either Ruger Wrangler or Heritage Rough Rider and care to do a comparison on them?

jbenedetto2

• Hatchling
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2023, 02:05:28 PM »
So, any of you that own the Sidekick, do you also own either Ruger Wrangler or Heritage Rough Rider and care to do a comparison on them?
I own all the above.
Heritage Rough Riders are cheap fun guns. Warranty support SUCKS. I had a broken ejector rod tab. It took them over a year and three rods, (two were mailed to me with no tabs), third worked.
22LR & 22WMR cylinders available.

Ruger Wrangler is better quality. I needed an ejector rod, I guess I'm rougher than I thought on ejector, Ruger sent it in three days.
Only 22 LR.

Diamond Sidekick it too new to really tell. I do know the cylinder needs to be cleaned and lubed often. Ejecting rounds gets tough when it's a little dirty.
Came with 22 LR & 22 WMR cylinders.

They are all fun to shoot. Great for beginners.

I am waiting for the new Ruger Super Wrangler. Adjustable sights. Comes with 2 cylinders, 22 LR & 22 WMR. Plus a few more improvements over the original Wrangler. Sort of an inexpensive Single Six.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Diamondback Firearms