Author Topic: Grand Power Stribog SP9A3  (Read 2008 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Grand Power Stribog SP9A3
« on: January 12, 2022, 05:33:46 PM »
Roller delayed pistol caliber carbine in 9MM. Pretty sweet but had to already mod it to fix a few issues. No big deal though and not that critical, except for the short stroke buffer to prevent cartridges from falling into the trigger housing after a malfunction. Damn, that sounds critical to me! LOL. Also added a new charging block to keep the handle locked forward, and not loose. Again, no big deal, but I thought the idea was very cool. The biggest improvement is that Grand Power finally introduced the Scorpion like curved magazine. No more binding issues like on their earlier straight stick 30 round mags. Mine came with 2 straight and one curved, so will toss the straight mags in the trash, and I've already received two more curved mags. They're awesome. Much easier to load, too. All in all, it's pretty cool, and half the price of the Sig MPX, which my son has. However, it may be half the gun, too. We'll see. I wasn't going to do a PCC, but my son did one and a shooting bud did one, which means I had to comply or no longer be as cool as them.  :main_idiot2_ncc:

Now if DB would have used their DBX57 platform and produced a 9mm, I'd have been all over that. However, no one ever calls me for my learned opinion. At 89 cents a round for the cheap stuff, and $1 for the FN stuff, it's not for me. Sorry, DB. Gonna stick to paying 1/3 the price for ammo, which is still ridiculous.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Grand Power Stribog SP9A3
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 06:06:23 PM »
Range day yesterday. Very impressive little pea shooter. Lightweight, low recoil, stupid but OK flat trigger (I now have a spring kit for it and a Dremel with polishing wheels). Can't complain otherwise. No failures. Ran 100%. Yeah baby. RSO's seemed impressed, but what do they know, right. 

jayz64

• Red Diamond
Re: Grand Power Stribog SP9A3
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 10:24:37 AM »
Sounds like a keeper.  Keep us informed on how this new firearm performs with use.

Diamondback Firearms