Author Topic: DB 380 round count  (Read 2230 times)

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
DB 380 round count
« on: June 16, 2022, 01:20:41 PM »
What are some of the round counts on everyone’s 380s? My most used one is about 3000….

jayz64

• Red Diamond
Re: DB 380 round count
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 12:10:34 AM »
Fired about 350 from my original DB380 that I purchased in 2010. 

Started having problems with the trigger release where the sear wouldn't release the striker unless I pulled hard to the rear of the trigger guard, so I sent it back to customer service and they sent me a new one in December of 2019.  I've fired 300 rounds (all reloads) from that one and so far it's a real good shooter.  My original .380 was a darn good shooter too but the trigger problem forced me to send it in.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 08:41:16 AM »
That’s really good customer service for 9 years later. I think I would have an issue in my state (Ma) if I had to get a new one because DB isn’t on the approved list. I was able to bring mine with me when I moved because that’s a way around that

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 12:56:48 PM »
Yeah, hadn't really noticed that 9 years is long time for a warranty return unless these pistols are warranted for life.  Guess that speaks well of their CS then doesn't it?

Of course, didn't the company go through some iterations of ownership during that time?  Thought I had read that Taurus owned them for a while but then sold them off.

Whatever the case, I've always liked this little gun and it has always shot well and cycled well for me.  Never had the FTL/FTF/FTE problems that owners always complained about right from the outset with either of these guns. 

Oh, I did have a minor problem with the replacement pistol at 1st where the slide was rubbing on the polymer frame, at the forward end of the gun, and would cause FTL and FTE for a while until I figured out what was causing it.  Lubed it up real good in that area & it has broken in beautifully since then. 

No complaints other than the sharp edges on the mag release button was irritating my trigger finger (right handed) as I pulled the trigger back so I remedied that by lightly filing down the forward edge of the release.

Take care......

Diamondback Firearms