Author Topic: Wondering where I can purchase a couple (2) DB9 Mags  (Read 2228 times)

reddoggm

• Hatchling
Wondering where I can purchase a couple (2) DB9 Mags
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:27:52 PM »
New to the Forum Here and I,m sure this Question comes up a lot but I,m Wondering where I can purchase a couple (2) DB9 Mags That don,t have that Fleebay Price on them I bought two of these Pistols for my two Daughters and low and behold when It comes to range time they're not having as much fun as expected with the lack of bullets to shoot in a nice string so I figured on just picking them up a few mags for each of them and I was quite astonished to find that Diamondback doesn't Yet realize that ALL Pistols should have more than just one Mag and apparently doesn't make more than a few extras a year ---So--- If anyone can enlighten me as to where I could keep an eye out for some (hell for the girls I would buy 6 of them) I would surely appreciate it
Thanks DOGG!!!

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Wondering where I can purchase a couple (2) DB9 Mags
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:29:56 AM »
That's been a huge question lately and I'm sure an interest to all. You're right about Ebay, and several folks are trying to take advantage of the situation. There was one that auctioned off for $93 or so not long ago. That's just nuts! I guess we can only speculate as to the business reasons that would cause this type of problem to occur. Surely, DB isn't sitting on their hands because they don't want to make more money.

reddoggm

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 09:25:45 AM »
Well I,m hoping that I can locate a couple for the right $$
I bought my wife a 938 which in my opinion is a really good Pistol except for the crappy trigger which is an easy fix but cost the the price of almost 4 of the DB9,s so I guess I buy high rent mags or get rid of the DB,s and blow the farm on 2 Sigs for the Girls
Thanks for the reply Chris
DOGG!!!

bcottun

• Red Diamond
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
Good luck in finding DB9 magazines for less than $60.  DB9 mags on ebay go for that much and more.  Rarely is more than 1 mag listed at a time.

As a frequent forum contributor I both my enjoyment of, and problems with, my DB9.  It is a fun gun to tinker with but my negative experiences have convinced me that it is not a good gun to recommend or pass on to others.

It is true that no other gun maker has matched the size and concealability of the DB9, regardless of price point.  There must be some very good reasons for that.  Even at a thousand bucks a Kimber Solo can't match the DB9 in size and weight, although it is smaller in two dimensions.

You mentioned "the Girls" and that caused me to think of my own "Girls".  Knowing what I now know about my DB9, I most certainly would not give any of them a DB9 for any reason.  It is one thing for me to putz around with mine, but it is quite another thing to give someone I love a gun I do not trust.

There are some good reliable mini 9s made by Ruger, Glock, Sig, Kimber, and others.  I would look at any of them to give as gifts to family and friends.

reddoggm

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 12:28:01 PM »
I,m with the way Your thinking I,ll most likely end up selling the DB,s and biting the bullet and buying the Girls a 938 since their Mom has and loves Hers + they have shot it and liked it
The $$ difference really isn't an issue when it comes to reliability and Quality workmanship
I myself have a very Large pistol array 1911,s being MY Favorite guns I have been building and smithing my own Pistols for years an as You always enjoy a Project so maybe I,ll keep one of the DB,s and see what I like and don,t like and see what I could do to improve on it
Thanks Fellas
DOGG!!!

Diamondback Firearms