Author Topic: DB10 jamming on feed, from mag or manually fed.  (Read 5517 times)

Flyguy0301

• Hatchling
DB10 jamming on feed, from mag or manually fed.
« on: October 20, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »
All during the break in period and even now after a few hundred rounds and several deep cleanings, our DB10 jams frequently enough to be quite unreliable and unsafe. The rounds jam and you have to hold the charging handle and force the butt against the ground to clear the weapon. I’ll try to attach photos of a couple rounds which jammed, as they have marks on the projectile and a light primer strike (even though there was no trigger pull, which is very concerning). Has anyone else had this issue? What was the problem/solution?

Wobly

• Hatchling
Re: DB10 jamming on feed, from mag or manually fed.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 12:21:21 PM »
What brand of ammo?   Are they reloads?

I'm at just about 200 rounds through mine and haven't had a single jam,  light strike or inadvertent primer strike.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Flyguy0301

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 04:42:22 PM »
Federal, Winchester, Hornady, and a cheaper foreign brand I can’t remember have all caused failures. No reloads.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 04:44:52 PM »
Really? Let's see, have you contacted Diamondback about this, or was this your first stop?

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 04:52:13 PM »
I took my DB10 308 to the range just today. Perfect, except one incident of steel cased Tulammo that didn't strip from the magazine. No other issues, so I'm not too concerned.

20191020_150147.jpgDB10 jamming on feed, from mag or manually fed.
* 20191020_150147.jpg (2088.53 kB . 3264x2448 - viewed 2319 times)

Flyguy0301

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 05:20:05 PM »
Very helpful of you to show off how great your gun works, thanks.

Yes I’ve contacted Diamondback and am awaiting a response.

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 05:54:03 PM »
I took my DB10 308 to the range just today. Perfect, except one incident of steel cased Tulammo that didn't strip from the magazine. No other issues, so I'm not too concerned.

Not a  bad grouping from 10 yards away... :main_smile:

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 05:55:13 PM »
Very helpful of you to show off how great your gun works, thanks.

Yes I’ve contacted Diamondback and am awaiting a response.

Great. You won't be disappointed with their customer service and Cody's (head gunsmith) persistence in making things right (if given the chance).

jimbtx

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 04:36:32 AM »
Is there an update as I am having the same issue with DB10 6.5 Creedmoor? its a partial hit or miss fix but I had reduced the amount of F2Feed with a magpul mag and preparing to solve the other part with a adjustable gas block.  Everybody jumps the gun on throwing hand loads out there however some of us build at a higher standard such as exact precision, something you will not get from so called factory precision tolerances. I am also wondering about the short distance of the gas block on the barrel (pressure?) and why it's not adjustable. I have measured the gas block/hole/barrel dimple appear to be aligned. With a little at home accurizing my 9 year old son is .57 MOA @100 and has had a lot of fun with this rifle. Jax is hitting consistent at 400 yards and took his first deer with it at 169 yards two days ago. If the adjustable gas block does not fix the problem I plan on calling in. Attached is a video of Jax shooting out to 300yrds and will post once we have him worked out to 600.
Measure twice, shoot once....

Diamondback Firearms