Author Topic: Another Range Day  (Read 1804 times)

boscobarbell

• Sidewinder
Another Range Day
« on: September 28, 2021, 09:45:08 PM »
I got a chance to take my DB9 Gen 4 out again today, and I thought I'd post some quick observations...in part because things have been so quiet around here!!

I was test-functioning a couple of other micro pistols, and decided at the last minute to grab my Diamondback and a couple of boxes of 9mm to bring along.  It had been a while since I shot it, and I was thinking it was time to cycle the ammo anyway.

I shot solely at the 5-7 yard range at a small "head" steel target.  I worked on quick sight acquisition and rapid double-taps, pushing myself for time. 

And the DB9 absolutely stole the show.  Best shooter by far amongst the other pistols, even with some hotter 9mm ammos.  Great sights, a good trigger that keeps getting better and better, and a really low bore axis that helps you really weld the pistol into your hand. 

This gun is steal.  This gun is the pistol Glock should have introduced instead of the 43.  This is an affordable and easily-carried little gun that punches well above its weight class. 

p.s. And, btw, I brought some ARX Inceptor rounds with me, along with other, more conventional rounds.  The ARX rounds feel like I'm shooting tepid .380 ammo, and seem to be a perfect fit for the Diamondback.  As a bonus, it wouldn't seem to beat the gun up too much over the years.  Give 'em a try.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Another Range Day
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 11:35:54 AM »
Great report. I think I'll try some ARX Inceptor ammo as well. Sounds like the recoil reduction is very obvious.  :main_thumbs_2up:

mparker66

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 04:53:53 PM »
Nice review and I agree with all of it.
I was an early Gen1 DB customer and hated it. Was so unreliable I didn't feel safe carrying it, so I sold it. Yet I really loved the small form factor and styling of these pocket pistols.
Now many years later I started seeing all the reviews of the Gen 4 models. So I decided to pull the trigger, so to speak, and purchased the DB9 Gen4. I must say the improvements are extraordinary. Shoots dang near everything I throw at it. It is now my EDC.

I Would like to find a way to soften the base of the trigger. It digs into the side of my finger after a few rounds. Not a big deal though. I imagine Galloway Precision will come out with a new aftermarket trigger sooner or later. I covered the trigger in some Heat Shrink which makes it a little bit better.
Either way, I love the new Gen 4.

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 12:05:39 PM »
I'm not a DB9 owner but will be looking at getting one in the near future after reading all these positive reports.  I do, however, have the DB380, which I bought about 10 years ago & really liked but being the 1st generation, DB sent me a replacement upgrade a couple of years ago.  Having some functioning issues with it now but they're all break in related & the more I shoot it the better it gets.

Diamondback Firearms